Meeting monthly at Seeds Coffee (174 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209), our book club welcomes all with selections and conversations that challenge and inspire. We tend to focus on books about race, politics, glimpses into experiences unlike our own. You know, the easy stuff! We invite you to join us (even if you don’t read the book!).
Saturday, May 18, 2019
9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Seeds Coffee, 174 Oxmoor Rd
Join us for our next H.I.V.E. Books/Gathering for good coffee and conversation. We are reading Bending Toward Justice: The Birmingham Church Bombing That Changed the Course of Civil Rights by Doug Jones. All are welcome (even if you don’t read the book).
- “Give a Sh*t: Do Good. Live Better. Save the Planet” by Ashlee Piper
“Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women’s Anger” by Rebecca Traister
- “Waking Up White and Finding Myself in the Story of Race” by Debby Irving
- “Born a Crime” by Trevor Noah
- “Lean In” Sheryl Sandberg
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood
- “Magic City Gospel” by Ashley M. Jones
- “Citizen: An American Lyric” by Claudia Rankine
- “You Can’t Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain” by Phoebe Robinson
- “What I Told My Daughter” by Nina Tassler
- “The Hate U Give” by Angie Thomas
- “Hope in the Dark” by Rebecca Solnit